So my grand plan to blog about arcade game collecting isn't going very well, so I'll just steal blog ideas fromothers. In this case, another of those memes that are really about getting you to reveal your scary inner self, by tricking you into listing what kind of music you actually listen to, rather than what you put on when you think others might be listening. (That's right interwebs, I'm on to your evil scheme, but I've got nothing to hide.)
RULES: a) Put your MP3 player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle b) For each question, press the next button to get your answer. c) YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS d) Tag at least 5 people e) Everyone tagged has to do the same thing (no they don't, actually) f) Have Fun! (Step f is not required)
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY? "Euphoric Eyes" by 4 Strings featuring Jason Lunar Well.. at least my eyes are okay... wait isn't Euphoria some kind of pathos?
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF? "Future Brain" by Get Ready I hope this means that I"m smart.
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"The Memory of Trees" by Enya That what I love about my wife.. she's got the recall of a redwood
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"Euphoria" by DJ Tiesto Wow.. maybe this is some kind of pathos, but if loving techno music is sick, I don't want to be well.
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
"Games Without Frontiers" by Peter Gabriel I can't think of a better thing to have come up for this question. Let's play!
6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
"True Faith (Pet Shop Boys remix)" by New Order
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Just One Day" by Anything Box Like Reblochon cheese, i guess I'm best if I'm not sitting around long.
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? "Copperline" by James Taylor Though I like it, I haven't the faintest idea what this song means. Must be the way my parents feel about me.
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"Tour de France" by Kraftwerk
Does that mean bicycle races? Or post-punk german music groups? Post-punk german music groups in bike races?
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2? "Branderburg Concerto N:6" by Bach J. S.
Bach's is highly mathematical, but it's way more complex than 2+2.
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? "Neuromancer Ending (Warhol Edit)" by 8-Bit Weapon
This is strangely appropriate on many levels.
12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? "Whistling In The Dark" by They Might Be Giants
A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind...."
13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? "Southern Belle" by Elliott Smith
My.. I think I'm getting the vapors just thinking about growing up.
14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? "What Do You Do With A B.A. In English?" by Original Broadway Cast of Avenue Q
Not that there's anything wrong with a B.A. in English...
15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? "Piano Man" by Billy Joel
I would have loved it, but I liked the Bob Marley song we actually used more.
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? "Forest Power" by Deep Forest
It will probably be the forest that kills me.
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? "Don't Think Of Me" by Dido
I guess I like being inconspicuous.. NOT.
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR? "Fly on the Windscreen" by Depeche Mode
Okay, but who isn't afraid of Depeche Mode?
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? "Golden, Golden [Live]" by Silly Wizard
I'm not sure which is the bigger secret, that I fear Depeche Mode, or that I like Depeche Mode. Oops.. sorry.. wrong question.
20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW? "Red Zone" by Robert Miles
No, No, No... it's Red *Bull*.. but I'd prefer some other caffeine source.
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? "Suburbia" by The Pet_Shop_Boys
I hope they're not offended.
22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? "Until You Love Me" by 4 Strings
These are mostly people who don't actually have blogs, so they'll have to post their responses somewhere else... like facebook.) If they don't respond with linkage in the comments, then they must have something to hide from the intertubes.